|BAG DIMENSIONS (APPROX.)
|7.5cm (w) x 15cm (l) x 2cm (d)
|7.5cm (w) x 15cm (l) x 3cm (d)
- Approx. 3-4 sticks per packet
- Organically grown without artificial sprays or fertilisers (non certified)
- 100% pesticide free
- 100% sustainable product
- Ethically sourced and certified distributor
- 100% biodegradable packaging made in Australia
Palo Santo or "Holy Wood" is a sacred tree that grows on the coast of South America. Traditionally this earthy scented wood was used by shamans, healers and elders in ritual prayer, purification ceremonies and for healing purposes. The ancients believed the tree had both magical and healing properties that would only be cultivated if the tree was allowed to live a full life and given a respectful death. They would only use wood from naturally fallen Palo trees that had been lying peacefully for an extended period after which they were then dried, aged and eventually burned during rituals. The resulting sacred smoke bath was believed to have metaphysical properties that both purified negative energies and attracted positive ones.
Today, the harvesting of Palo Santo wood is strictly regulated with the same guiding principles. Our distributor ensures that this holy wood is treated with respect and per required practice. The wood is only taken from naturally fallen trees that have been lying peacefully between 4-10 years. In fact, every fallen tree that is taken, is replaced with a seedling working towards continuously restoring the Palo Santo population.
- To begin, open up all the doors and windows in your home as the intention is to drive the bad energies out.
- You can either hold the Palo Santo stick in your hand or let it sit in a heat proof dish/container as it burns (Eg. Abalone shell).
- Light the top end of the stick and allow it to smolder and smoke, eventually filling the room and every nook and cranny.
- You can optionally say a simple affirmation (silently or out loud) such as “I clear away all negativity and invite positive energy into my home” or “this smoke cleanses negativity from my home and allows me to move forward in a new and positive direction”.
- It doesn’t matter which direction or speed you go at but rather your intention is the most important factor!
- Alternatively, if you are using the Palo Santo powder or wood chips, you need to use a block of charcoal in order to burn it. Light the charcoal and when it is hot and ready to go, sprinkle some of the powder/chips on it and allow it to burn.
- Remember to never leave things unattended and keep out of reach of children.
- Do not dispose the hot ash in the bin as this may cause a fire even after a period of time afterwards.
Although we make every effort to photograph items accurately and describe our products in detail, we cannot guarantee that every screen will accurately depict the actual colour of the item so very slight variations may occur.