ABOUT ETERNAL SPIRIT
Eternal Spirit is a retail shop that specialises in alternative and spiritual products in Unley Park (a suburb around 5 mins from the CBD) in South Australia. The doors were first opened by a couple named Grant and Jan all the way back in 1997. We have steadily grown over the last 25 years and are only one of a handful of Crystal shops still left standing in Adelaide!
I first stumbled upon Eternal Spirit back in 2006. I was 25 at the time and I was feeling extremely lost and confused. I didn't know what to do, I had no goals or purpose, and I was really unhappy which was reflected in many areas of my life.
One day while I was at work, I remember having this overwhelming urge to grab the Yellow Pages (yes, those ancient things!) and look up a Psychic, even though I've never had a Psychic Reading in my entire life! I made a couple of calls but nothing eventuated until I contacted this place called "Eternal Spirit". They happened to have one lady working that day AND she was also available in the next hour which I wanted. I booked it in and off I went.
The Psychic was spot on with a lot of things going on with me at that time. The thing that stuck with me the most was that I had a gift in healing and that I needed to help people by developing my Spirituality more. In the 2 years that followed that Reading, I basically became a junkie for all things spiritual and Eternal Spirit became my "dealer". I read a lot of self-help books, did a lot of courses like Reiki, Numerology, Tarot and Remedial Massage, and bought a lot of Crystals, even though I had no idea what to do with them all! For the first time in my life, I felt like things were finally looking up for me...
The light bulb moment happened to me while I was at my Massage course one day. In the midst of the silence, I remember hearing this voice in my head telling me to "GO AND BUY ETERNAL SPIRIT"! The voice was very clear and despite failing to fully understand the message, I confusingly got into my car after class and made my way to the shop. During the car ride, I couldn't stop thinking about how weird that a), I heard a "voice" and b), how it made no practical or logical sense, and c) why? It was not something I ever thought about and I was definitely not in any financial position to do so even if I wanted to!
I tentatively made my way over to Grant (the owner at the time) and asked if he and Jan were interested in selling the business. The response was very minimal and poker-like and that they'd think about it and get back to me. After about 2 weeks of not thinking much of it, I got a call from Grant saying that they were open to it and this was their asking price. I didn't say yes straight away because I didn't know how on earth I would get any finance but as they say, "if it's meant to be, it will be" and it really was! The universe sent me a broker who was the most helpful angel and in the space of just 6 months, I became the new owner of Eternal Spirit in June 2008!
Eternal Spirit has been a major learning curve in my life. I came into the business with a thirst and eagerness to learn about Spirituality but what I have actually learnt over the years has been so much more valuable than I could ever have imagined!
For someone so shy and nervous (still a tad these days!), I have become better at communicating with people. For someone who lacked a backbone, I have gained confidence and self-esteem. For someone who lacked direction, I have gained purpose and spirit. Eternal Spirit has been everything to me, my saviour in life, and all I wish to do is to continue to maintain the light in order to help as many people as possible with their own gifts, whatever that is, however that is, and wherever it be!
- I believe in striving to be a better person hence why I value regular self-care and therapy. I believe that if I am a better person, I can be of more value in enhancing the lives of others.
- I am in business to help as many people as I can.
- I believe it is extremely important to be humble and not let my ego inflate my sense of importance. Making an honest living is important to me because I believe in karma. What goes around eventually DOES come back around!
- I believe that we should all be treated equally which is why my business will NEVER discriminate against anyone for any reason. I'm a very private person which is why I respect people's choices - nobody has the right to dictate your life!
- Ever since I was young, I have always been honest and that is how I choose to live my life. While I am in business to make a living, I always want to earn it by being honest and by treating people with respect.
- I believe in quality over quantity. I will not stock things for the sake of stocking things. Everything that is ordered in the store is always done by me because I have particular standards I'm trying to uphold. For example, crystals need to have the right particulars such as size, shape, distinctive patterns/colours, price point etc. before I choose to stock it.
- I am comfortable in what my business can and cannot offer so I'm not afraid to recommend people to other stores if I can't help them. Our store has always had a reputation for Crystals and I have always had a love and an eye for Crystals so that's what I choose to focus on!
- I cannot stand injustice. I am a Libran so peace, justice and equality are very important to me which is why I want to resolve conflicts and make sure people are happy with our service.
- I cannot stand fake people. I have more respect for people who are true to themselves even if it's "politically incorrect" than to be around people who are just putting it on for the cameras and do not "walk the talk", just to earn a dollar.
- I believe that it IS possible to have a Crystal shop that does not look like the stereotypical norm. I strive to keep the store organised, clean and informative because I want it to be open and welcoming to all types of people, regardless of how spiritual they are.
I know this is long but I hope after reading this, you get a sense of what my business is about and how we can help you.
Eternal Spirit is a small, humble business that will always remains dedicated to respectfully serving people from all races, religions, identities and statuses/personal choices!
Director of Eternal Spirit