Learn about Crystals and Gemstones the easy way with the Crystal and Gemstone Mini Chart.
A crystal or crystalline solid is a solid material whose constituent atoms, molecules or ions are arranged in an ordered pattern extending in all three spatial dimensions. In addition to their microscopic structure, large crystals are usually identifiable by their macroscopic geometrical shape, consisting of flat faces with specific, characteristic orientations. The scientific study of crystals and crystal formation is known as crystallography. The word crystal is derived from the Ancient Greek meaning both “ice” and “rock crystal”.
A gemstone, precious or semi-precious stone or jewel is a piece of mineral, which, in cut and polished form, is used to make jewelry or other adornments. However certain rocks such as lapis lazuli, or organic materials that are not minerals such as amber or jet, are also used for jewelry and are therefore often considered to be gemstones as well. This handy Mini Chart introduces 35 Crystals and Gemstones and their therapeutic potential.
This concise and useful Mini Chart shows 11 Essential areas:
- Examines the 35 Crystals and Gemstones
- Lists the names such as the common, geological, mineralogical, components and other names and information about the names
- Illustrates the typical Colours, Textures, Streaks and Layers with illustrations
- Details through illustrations the Structure such as Chemical Composition and crystalline Structure
- Identifies Mohs Hardness of Scale which is the resistance of a softer mineral to be scratched by a harder material
- Shows the consistency such as Translucent, Semi Translucent or Opaque
- States the General Value or Rarity
- Lists the Global occurrence or location
- Explains the Esoteric Name, Metaphysical or Healing Properties, Metaphysical Use such as Talisman or Meditation Aid
- Lists the Associated Chakra and Element
- And more . . .
A very useful tool for anyone who is interested or wants to learn about Crystals and Gemstones.
Printed and protection coated on both sides.
Size: 16cm x 23.5cm
These photos are deliberately not sharp to prevent illegal downloading and just enough to give you an idea of what you're buying.